Amendments to Tenants’ Rights Act in Capital Tabled
According to the news, the Senate was presented with the Islamabad Rent Restriction (Amendment) Bill 2020 in order to protect both landlords and tenants. The National Assembly previously approved the bill in October 2020.
According to Ali Nawaz Awan, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Capital Development Authority (CDA) Affairs, tenants and landlords have long desired for the Islamabad Rent Restriction Ordinance, 2001, to be changed.
The following clauses are included in the proposed modified bill:
- A rent controller will review all of the leases between renters and landlords in order to retain records.
- Every payment necessary to fulfil the terms of the tenancy agreement will be done by cross-check.
- Unless otherwise negotiated, a 10% annual rent rise for both residential and commercial properties shall be maintained.
- A mediation council will be established to help resolve the conflict, where renters can make their case.
- Both tenants and landlords are protected by the law from excesses committed by either party.
- According to reports, forced evictions are a major problem for tenants in the capital, where landlords employ a variety of strategies to get tenants to leave even though they have paid the agreed-upon rent.
Read More: Women’s Day 2023 in Pakistan
Additionally, landlords have the right to raise rent at any time and demand that tenants leave the premises if they object. However, some renters also pay rent that is less than the current market worth of the property.
Both landlords and tenants will feel a great deal of comfort if the Senate approves this law. The bill will assist in resolving the capital city’s rent control issue.
For more information, please get in touch with Al Sadat Marketing.
You can also invest in other famous and most in demand housing societies, such as , Blue World City, Rudn Enclave, 7 Wonders City Peshawar, Taj Residencia, Kingdom Valley, New Metro City Gujar Khan, Forest Town Rawalpindi, University Town Rawalpindi, ICHS Town, Park View City Islamabad, Multi Gardens B17 Islamabad and Nova City Islamabad.
Few more real estate housing schemes which are trending now a days in Islamabad by including: Faisal Town Phase 2, Prism Town Gujar Khan, New City Paradise, Eighteen Islamabad, 7 Wonders City Islamabad, Capital Smart City, Silver City Islamabad, The Life Residencia, Faisal Town Islamabad, Islamabad Golf City, Islamabad Model Town and Marble Arch Enclave.
Al Sadat Marketing is an emerging Real Estate Agency headquartered in Islamabad, Pakistan. With over 10+ Years of experience, Al Sadat Marketing is providing its services and dealing all trending housing societies projects in different cities of Pakistan. Islamabad Projects, Rawalpindi Projects, Gujar Khan Projects, Burhan Projects, and Peshawar Projects etc.
Book Your Plot Now: +92 331 111 0005