House vs Apartment: Which is The Better Option? | Real Estate Property
When purchasing a home, most buyers place a lot of weight on the neighborhood and the interior design. A superior location guarantees greater capital growth on real estate investments. Let’s first define independent housing and what a flat is before moving on.
They are residences that are built on a piece of land and stand alone. They are typically low-height structures.
Apartments are multiple housing units within a single building built on a piece of land.
While independent houses like villas or independent floors are more expensive than flats, there are some benefits to each property type that a buyer of a home should know before making a purchase.
Consider the amenities you might want while choosing between buying a house or a flat. All modern amenities, such as security, monitoring, parking places, power backup, fire safety devices, etc., may be available if you purchase a flat in a housing society, but they all come at an additional cost of roughly 20% to 25% of the property’s cost.
These could include arranging for water storage tanks, hiring security personnel or installing cameras, setting up a power backup system for each room, etc. The residents’ welfare organization is likely to have set up a security system if your independent home is situated in a gated community.
Every property requires ongoing repairs and maintenance. Which is better in terms of maintenance costs, a flat or a house? Depending on the size of the property, the residents of a flat pay the monthly maintenance fees.
The owner of an independent house, such as a villa, is responsible for paying a greater maintenance fee than one would pay for an apartment. Everyone collaborates in a residential complex, which significantly lowers the maintenance costs.
Which is preferable, a flat or a house when it comes to security? Security is a major problem and must be taken into account when determining which is preferable. While an apartment includes 24-hour security (which is included in maintenance fees), a person who owns an independent property is responsible for maintaining security on their own.
When comparing apartment vs. house living, it’s also important to take privacy into account. The majority of apartment buildings do not provide the privacy that homeowners want in their living area, despite the fact that they may be relatively inexpensive to buy or rent.
This is one of the significant reasons why people want to buy a house instead of an apartment.
While apartment buildings strive to give residents as much privacy as possible, it’s not always a pleasant experience to share walls and common areas like parking with your neighbours.
To ensure you have the privacy you need for your family, it is best to complete your homework before buying a home or apartment.
Pros and Cons of Apartments
- Security is the main benefit of renting an apartment in a complex. It is crucial for both the family members and you if you want to leave your house unoccupied for a long period of time.
- There are many amenities and facilities in a complex, making living enjoyable. For instance, there are many possibilities for relaxing after a busy day. It can be going to the gym, lounging about in the yard, enjoying some time with the family outside, or taking a swim.
- Life is made easier by amenities including electricity backup, water treatment, cctv cameras, and escalators.
- The maintenance is not required to be done by anyone individually.
- Additional cost for maintenance has to be paid every month to the authorities of the apartmental complex. This covers all the shared amenities. Some facilities or amenities might not be utilized, yet the cost has to be paid.
- Anyone who has issues with their neighbors will have them for the rest of their lives. Maybe the people living in the adjacent apartment make a lot of noise.
- There is no freedom to alter your home’s exterior in any way.
- There is no way to increase your space if necessary.
Pros and Cons of Houses
- Nothing else can be compared to the degree of freedom you can have if you own an independent house.
- Since it is your property, you can do whatever you want with it. The house can be extended, shortened, or gardened.
- How to design is entirely up to the owner.
- Nothing is shared with others and there is more privacy.
- The primary drawback is the security issue. A gatekeeper or security guard might be hired for a fee and can be an extra cost that has to be paid every month.
- Water supply, cctv, and other amenities can be added at a significant cost. These amenities are extremely pricey and inconvenient at the same time.
- Another challenge is maintenance. Services like a plumber, electrician, etc. must be scheduled independently and requested as needed.
- The security of the household goods may be compromised if the house is locked for an extended period of time.
- Constructing or buying a home requires more money.
Given the above advantages and disadvantages, a ready-to-move-in apartment seems to be a good option if you’re looking to invest.
Even though it could not provide returns as high as investing in a plot, the risk is still modest. Additionally, you can rent it out to get a consistent income.
On the other hand, you might choose an independent residence if you want better profits and are willing to take on risk.
Things to Consider Before Buying a House or Apartment
- Your financial constraints and budget
- Criteria, paperwork, and other formalities if you want a home loans
- Checking the legal status of shortlisted property.
- Apartment-related details and dates for possession.
- Value at sale
- Construction quality.
In conclusion, it can be said that when comparing an apartment with a house, there is no clear winner. It all relies on your needs, financial situation, and organisational skills.
You can choose a house property if you can manage to assemble the necessary finances, have enough time to monitor the plot and construction activities, and are willing to take a risk. Otherwise, choosing an apartment is preferable.
Al Sadat Marketing has all the details about cheap and affordable housing developments in twin cities that offer both houses and apartments.
You can also invest in other famous and most in demand housing societies, such as , Blue World City, Rudn Enclave, 7 Wonders City Peshawar, Taj Residencia, Kingdom Valley, New Metro City Gujar Khan, Forest Town Rawalpindi, University Town Rawalpindi, ICHS Town, Park View City Islamabad, Multi Gardens B17 Islamabad and Nova City Islamabad.
Few more real estate housing schemes which are trending now a days in Islamabad by including: Faisal Town Phase 2, Prism Town Gujar Khan, New City Paradise, Eighteen Islamabad, 7 Wonders City Islamabad, Capital Smart City, Silver City Islamabad, The Life Residencia, Faisal Town Islamabad, Islamabad Golf City, Islamabad Model Town and Marble Arch Enclave.
Al Sadat Marketing is an emerging Real Estate Agency headquartered in Islamabad, Pakistan. With over 10+ Years of experience, Al Sadat Marketing is providing its services and dealing all trending housing societies projects in different cities of Pakistan. Islamabad Projects, Rawalpindi Projects, Gujar Khan Projects, Burhan Projects, and Peshawar Projects etc.
Book Your Plot Now: +92 331 111 0005