Table of Contents

WASA Asks Punjab to Endure 25% Cost of the Gazi Barotha Water Project

The Water Sanitation Agency (Wasa) advises that the Punjab State Government pay only 25 percent of the cost of construction, feasibility studies, and land acquisition for the Gazibarota project, which transports Indus River water to Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

A Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) senior official told Dawn that WASA provided the RDA with a report recommending that Prime Minister Usman Buzdar contribute only 25 percent of the project’s total cost. Under the supervision of the state government, he explained, the city would receive just 25% of the water allocation, with 50% going to Islamabad and the remaining 25% to the state government.

Daily deliveries of 100 million gallons (MGD) to Islamabad and Rawalpindi prompted the Capital Development Authority (CDA) to urge that the Punjab Government, through Wasa, equally share the project’s costs.

Therefore, the CDA has established a PCI to acquire the sixth parcel for Rs 3,154,000,000. The CDA has requested Rs 1,577,000,000 to purchase land, as the cost and water of the Rawalpindi project will be split equally by the federal government and the Punjab provincial government.

However, the CDA was informed that the 100-MGD share suggested for Rawalpindi at a ratio of 50:50 was further split between the Legislature and Rawalpindi (Wasa Service Area). The legislature is administered by the federal government and financed by Islamabad. Therefore, the Punjab state government is only responsible for 25% of the project costs via Wasa.

In April 2005, CDA issued an investigation mandate to MS MM Pakistan, MS Mott MacDonald, and the United Kingdom. In 2006, the scheme was approved by the Punjabi Prime Minister.

Read: House vs Apartment: Which is The Better Option? | Real Estate Property

Specialists have explored seven places for water extraction and entrance structure construction. The aqueduct from Lake Gazibarota proved to be the optimal solution for meeting the twin cities’ current and future water requirements.

In June 2011, the Council of Common Interest (CCI) approved the Phase 1 distribution of water from portions of Punjab to Rawalpindi. The Chamber of Commerce approved the provision of water to Islamabad on March 29, 2016.

CDA, Wasa, and RDA have made every attempt to secure foreign and local financing for the project with cost considerations in mind. However, none of them were successful. Under the guidance of Prime Minister Imran Khan, the federal government has resurrected the project.

Wasa officials informed Dawn that the present water supply to the Wasa service area is 51 MGD from all sources, including Rawal Dam (10 million gallons), Kanpur Dam (6 million gallons), and 480 pipe wells (35 million gallons). That is stated.

WASA’s managing director, Raja Shaukat Mehmood, stated that the Indus water project was the only answer to the water problems in Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

For further details, visit Al Sadat Marketing.

You can also invest in other famous and most in demand housing societies, such as , Blue World City,  Rudn Enclave7 Wonders City PeshawarTaj ResidenciaKingdom Valley,  New Metro City Gujar KhanForest Town RawalpindiUniversity Town RawalpindiICHS TownPark View City IslamabadMulti Gardens B17 Islamabad and Nova City Islamabad.

Al Sadat Marketing please contact 0331 1110005 or visit https://alsadatmarketing.com/

Few more real estate housing schemes which are trending now a days in Islamabad by including: Faisal Town Phase 2Prism Town Gujar KhanNew City ParadiseEighteen Islamabad7 Wonders City IslamabadCapital Smart City,  Silver City IslamabadThe Life Residencia,  Faisal Town IslamabadIslamabad Golf CityIslamabad Model Town and Marble Arch Enclave.

Al Sadat Marketing is an emerging Real Estate Agency headquartered in Islamabad, Pakistan. With over 10+ Years of experience, Al Sadat Marketing is providing its services and dealing all trending housing societies projects in different cities of Pakistan. Islamabad Projects, Rawalpindi Projects, Gujar Khan Projects, Burhan Projects, and Peshawar Projects etc.

Book Your Plot Now: +92 331 111 0005

Tags :

Share :

About Author
About Author

Syed Sadat Hussain Shah

Talk to Us!

Latest Posts

Categories

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Avail Discount on Installments through GFS-AIR (Advance Installment Receipt)

Get GFS - AIR Discount Forms