WASA Rawalpindi Seeks RDA for Budget Spending in 2021-22
Rawalpindi: According to news reports, the Rawalpindi Water and Sanitation Agency (WASA) financial subcommittee has tentatively approved a budget of PKR 5,156 billion for the fiscal year 2021-22 (FY 22). In a meeting of the Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) and WASA Rawalpindi, the budget in question will be officially authorised.
General Director of the RDA Nadeem Ahmed Abro presided over the meeting of the financial subcommittee. In addition to WASA and RDA officers, Faisal Afzal from the Housing Department, Saima Ghafoor from the P&D Department, and Amjad Ayub from the Finance Department attended the meeting.
During the meeting, it was emphasised that the agency has maintained the same rates for water and sanitation services, as well as new connections. The proposed budget allocation is further broken into distinct revenue and support fund sources, as detailed below.
The WASA anticipates generating PKR 1,370.3 million in revenue from its service-related fees.
The Punjab government would provide 1,061,7 million under the heading of the annual development fund. The annual development grant will be allocated to the subsequent development projects:
- PKR 840,7 million for the Chauhan Dam Water Supply Project, and PKR 50 million for the replacement of obsolete and damaged pipes as part of the overall package.
- 50 million Pakistani rupees for the installation of sewage systems in Union Councils.
- 50 million Pakistani rupees would be expended on the Kehkashan Water Supply Scheme
- Ten million Pakistani rupees for the building of minor sewage treatment facilities
- 30 million Pakistani rupees for the upgrade of Satellite Town’s sewage system.
- The Punjab Urban Immovable Property (UIP) tax will generate PKR 450 million to support the budget deficit.
- The Punjab government will contribute an additional PKR 200 million in subsidy.
- Alternatively, the allocation of expenditures for various initiatives is as follows:
- 559.2 million Pakistani rupees have been provided for the upkeep of the existing sewage line.
- 969 million Pakistani rupees have been designated for the payment of energy bills for numerous tube wells and filtration units.
- Capital Development Authority (CDA) would be paid PKR 158 million for the water supply from Khanpur Dam.
- 985.46 million PKR for employee compensation
- PKR 86.35 million for miscellaneous costs
For more information, please get in touch with Al Sadat Marketing.
You can also invest in other famous and most in demand housing societies, such as , Blue World City, Rudn Enclave, 7 Wonders City Peshawar, Taj Residencia, Kingdom Valley, New Metro City Gujar Khan, Forest Town Rawalpindi, University Town Rawalpindi, ICHS Town, Park View City Islamabad, Multi Gardens B17 Islamabad and Nova City Islamabad.
Few more real estate housing schemes which are trending now a days in Islamabad by including: Faisal Town Phase 2, Prism Town Gujar Khan, New City Paradise, Eighteen Islamabad, 7 Wonders City Islamabad, Capital Smart City, Silver City Islamabad, The Life Residencia, Faisal Town Islamabad, Islamabad Golf City, Islamabad Model Town and Marble Arch Enclave.
Al Sadat Marketing is an emerging Real Estate Agency headquartered in Islamabad, Pakistan. With over 10+ Years of experience, Al Sadat Marketing is providing its services and dealing all trending housing societies projects in different cities of Pakistan. Islamabad Projects, Rawalpindi Projects, Gujar Khan Projects, Burhan Projects, and Peshawar Projects etc.
Book Your Plot Now: +92 331 111 0005