Security Measures During Muharram | Youm E Ashura 2022
The holy month of Muharram is the first month of the Islamic year. It is one of the most sacred months and this year, it commenced on the 31st of July and will last for 30 days.
Muharram or Ashura days are commemorated in different ways all across the country and intense security measures are taken every year to ensure security for everyone. Police and rangers deploy their forces in all parts of cities and towns to perform security duties.
Security Measures Across Pakistan During Muharram 2022
- Thousands of security personnel are deployed in all the cities across the country to maximize security.
- Instructions are given every year to add and deploy a Bomb Disposal Unit and sniffer dogs to check inside Imam Bargahs and along the routes of the processions etc.
- A large number of closed-circuit cameras have been put at various locations across the major cities, and they are being used to continuously monitor all Imam Bargahs, processions, gatherings, and other significant and sensitive locations.
- The Supreme Command Post will be staffed by representatives of the Ambulance, Rescue 1122, Fire Brigade, WAPDA, and Northern Sui Gas in accordance with the decision to completely bar the entry of automobiles inside the cities during the final days of Muharram.
- Central roads are sealed with containers and trolleys and the use of loudspeakers is prohibited except for Azan during Ashura days.
- Mobile phone and internet service also remain closed on the 9th and 10th of Muharram.
- The custodians of Imambargahs have also been given instructions on how to prepare generators and powerful UPS to handle power disruptions during Muharram.
- A ban is imposed on double riding on motorcycles during 9th and 10th Muharram.
Security Measures in Twin Cities of Pakistan
This year, with the help of a carefully designed security plan, the management and authorities decided to deploy thousands of police officers to ensure security and a peaceful Muharram ul Haram in town cities. The security teams are instructed to take measures to guarantee a calm and peaceful Muharram ul Haram throughout Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
Security Measures in Rawalpindi
A foolproof security strategy has been developed by the police and district administration of Rawalpindi to prevent any unfortunate incidents and preserve peace and harmony during the first 10 days of Muharram.
Approximately 3,500 police officers, Rangers, and volunteers will be stationed along the routes of processions during Muharram, particularly on the 9th and 10th of Ashura, as part of the security plan.
Helicopters will also be used for aerial observation of the funeral processions.
Drone coverage of funeral processions is forbidden by the security plan. Residents won’t be permitted on rooftops, balconies, plazas, or residences during the Ashura processions.
Additionally, gathering bricks from the rooftops of homes on each side of procession routes has been outlawed by the local administration. No one will be permitted to carry matches or lighters during the Muharram processions according to the security plan.
Muharram Security Plan in Islamabad
Officials of Islamabad police reviewed security measures across the city and were directed to devise an elaborate foolproof security plan. For the success of this plan, instructions were given to all branches of the Islamabad police to ensure total synchronization.
The IGP ordered rigorous security measures for gatherings and particular participant screening. Safe city cameras should be used to maintain strict supervision, and entering any form of the vehicle near imam-bargas should be forbidden. He requested that barbed wire be installed close to gathering places and that police officers be stationed on building roofs along major routes.
The director general of Safe City was given instructions by the police chief of Islamabad to employ the most up-to-date equipment and cameras to keep a close eye on any activity surrounding mosques and other large gatherings.
He advised that arrangements be made for metal detectors to be used to check Majalis and procession participants. The IGP insisted that strict oversight should be kept in place to make sure that security measures put in place by the police and SOPs issued by the government are being implemented. All SPs were instructed to keep an eye on the search efforts taking place in their localities and to update their superiors on a daily basis on their progress.
You can also invest in other famous and most in demand housing societies, such as , Blue World City, Rudn Enclave, 7 Wonders City Peshawar, Taj Residencia, Kingdom Valley, New Metro City Gujar Khan, Forest Town Rawalpindi, University Town Rawalpindi, ICHS Town, Park View City Islamabad, Multi Gardens B17 Islamabad and Nova City Islamabad.
Few more real estate housing schemes which are trending now a days in Islamabad by including: Faisal Town Phase 2, Prism Town Gujar Khan, New City Paradise, Eighteen Islamabad, 7 Wonders City Islamabad, Capital Smart City, Silver City Islamabad, The Life Residencia, Faisal Town Islamabad, Islamabad Golf City, Islamabad Model Town and Marble Arch Enclave.
Al Sadat Marketing is an emerging Real Estate Agency headquartered in Islamabad, Pakistan. With over 10+ Years of experience, Al Sadat Marketing is providing its services and dealing all trending housing societies projects in different cities of Pakistan. Islamabad Projects, Rawalpindi Projects, Gujar Khan Projects, Burhan Projects, and Peshawar Projects etc.
Book Your Plot Now: +92 331 111 0005